Friday, September 19, 2008

Worth Reading

I am an avid reader. Over the summer, my "real" sister (one of my most favorite people in the world) recommended a book entitled Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos. I like to read fiction, but tend to lean more towards mysteries filled with suspense. My sister likes to read books that make a difference or "matter." She is a very good conversationalist, and I suspect it has something to do with the type of material that she reads (that and the fact that she began speaking early and has always had a lot to say). My sister loaned me Love Walked In while I was visiting her in California, but I ran out of time to read it before I left. I recently checked it out of our public library here in Louisville (which is the most awesome public library system I have ever experienced). I started reading this book and I couldn't stop. It was so good. I love the way de los Santos wrote it. I felt like she was telling me the story of Cornelia and Clare and all of the people in their lives, rather than simply spinning a good tale. I felt like she knew these people intimately and it made me want to know more about them too. So, if you are looking for a good work of fiction, I recommend this highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment