Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beginnings and Endings

In the book of Ecclesiastes we read, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1) Of course, we can also receive this message from the song "Turn! Turn! Turn!" -- which is actually what was going through my head when I began this post.
This has been a week of endings and beginnings for me. Tonight I spent several hours cleaning out my office at my workplace in preparation for my last day there tomorrow. I work as a child therapist and have been working with boys in a residential treatment facility. I know that I bring Benedictinism into the workplace because the nature of the job and the type of clientele calls me to receive all as Christ. I know that when I go to work I am carried foward by the love and prayers of my sisters. I could not do that work without their love and support.
I am looking forward to beginning a new job as a school-based therapist later this month. I am also looking forward to starting retreat tomorrow. When I first entered as a postulant, I didn't think that I would be able to be with God in the silence for eight days. Now, thirteen years later, I eagerly anticipate it. I will keep all of you in my prayers during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment