Saturday, January 23, 2010

How God Created Hair

I was speaking with my sister the other day and she told me about a conversation she overheard between my 7 year old niece and my 8 year old nephew. My niece was asking her brother how God created her hair. Her brother answered, "God used strings from heaven." My niece was not fully satisfied with the answer and so she elaborated on her question, "How did God make MY hair, with color and like this?" Her brother answered, "Oh, God took (this part is gross) human skin and shredded it up and colored your hair." Well, needless to say my sister was happy about the first part to the point of tears and then the gross things some boys say comes out and ruins the moment.

This conversation reminded me about the scripture passage where Jesus challenges the listeners to "become like children". To be curious about how God created us is one of those childlike questions. To take time to reflect on the awesome mystery of how we were created is to be childlike. Yes, as adults we know how we are created in the womb of our mothers but, how awesome is that! Who else would have created such an event or way of creating another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment