Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why?

Chances are you have been affected by someone's suicide or suicide attempt. Maybe a friend, classmate, relative. Or maybe you've read about it in the paper or heard it on the news. It's always a tragedy and leaves many unanswered questions and feelings of guilt. There comes a point when all we can do is trust in God and remind ourselves, "I did the best I could. I did all I knew to do. It's not my fault." And maybe even repeat the last sentence over and over until it eventually soaks in. There will always be "what ifs," but only God knows. I'm sure God is weeping also.

Please take some time to watch the youtube video "Why" by Rascal Flatts. It is a powerful song that addresses the feelings of loved ones who are left behind after someone's suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment