Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mary's Example

In my family, we never underestimated the power of Grandma's rosary. She prayed all the time. My mom does too. My mom recently told me that the rosary has helped her through a great deal in life - more than I'll ever know. I too follow their example and turn to Mary in prayer.

Have you ever tried it? I bet you'll find that you and Mary have a lot in common. Ever been in a situation you didn't expect? Mary sure has. Ever had you whole life change in an instant? Mary's been there too. Ever felt helpless as you watch a loved one suffer? Mary knows what that is like. Ever have things not turn out the way you had planned? Yep, you guessed it. It was the same for Mary.

I pray that I can be more like Mary and follow her example of surrender and acceptance. Her life was turned upside down; however, she trusted fully in God and followed in loving obedience.

Now when I find myself in situations I haven't planned, I either tell myself "surrender and accept," or "Mary." It helps me focus and trust God's will.

Mary, you faithfully followed God's will. May I too follow your example of surrender and acceptance. May I stay focused on God and trust in God's plan for my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment