Saturday, October 15, 2016

Reflection: Luke 12:8-12


Saturday of the 28th Week in Ordinary Time - Luke 12:8-12

In this Gospel reading, Jesus warns his disciples that every person who acknowledges him before others, will be acknowledged by him before the angels of God.  Jesus then states that anyone who denies him before others will be denied before the angels of God.  These are very strong words!
I doubt that most of us deny Jesus by our words.  However, we more likely may deny Jesus by our actions and our inaction.  Jesus not only desires that we practice what we preach, he hopes that we truly practice what we profess to believe.   Today I invite you to take 10-15 minutes and ask yourself: Do I practice what I preach?  Do I truly live out of the values I profess?  Where are my weak spots?  In what areas of my life do I want to strengthen my authenticity?

Take one small step each day to become more authentic and strive to practice what you preach.  Who is the person you yearn to be?  Today, be the person you desire to become.  Who knows?  It may become a pattern in your life.  Turn to Jesus and he will help you to become all you long to be.  Jesus will not fail you!  However, patience and commitment is required!

No comments:

Post a Comment