Friday, February 26, 2010

Conferences

We had parent-teacher-student conferences this week. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we taught a full day, and then had conferences in the evening both nights. I really enjoy getting the chance to talk to parents and students about progress and success and to offer encouragement and support as needed. It is so neat to see the smile on a student's face when they begin to see that, yes, maybe they can be successful. Seeing the parents so proud when they hear the efforts their child is making also makes my day. So, even though they were long nights (and Monday was also long, because I had a meeting and banner-making stuff for First COmmunon after school), it was totally worth it. I think our students are now ready to conquer the rest of the year! And, I am going to gratefully enjoy this day off because of conference break!

No comments:

Post a Comment