Monday, September 29, 2014

Reflection: John 1:47-51


Monday of the 28th Week in Ordinary Time - John 1:47-51

Today we celebrate the feast of several angels. As Christians we have heard about angels most of our lives. Our parents may have told us that the angels were watching over us or protecting us. As adults, I wonder what is our experience of angels? Do we even believe in angels?

I wish I could say that I have had a “close encounter” with an angel but I haven’t. What about you? Even if I had a close encounter with an angel, I don’t know if I would trust that experience. Or would I think I was going crazy? However, if I think about it in a different way, I realize that I have many angels in my life in the people I live and work with. Maybe I need to open my eyes and look deeper and trust that God’s angels not only watch over me but they may also be right beside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment