Saturday, August 16, 2014

Reflection: Psalm 51


Psalm 51, (19th week of Ordinary Time) 

“Create a clean heart in me O God!” What a powerful yet simple prayer! Do you ever wish for a “clean heart?” I do! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we were cleansed from all our faults and failings? What a miracle that would be! What does the psalmist mean when he says he “desires a clean heart?” What does that mean for you?

“Having a clean heart” is a way of being that I long to have. It is something I strive for but frequently fall short of. Perhaps having a “clean heart” means simply trying to do our best every day: to be loving with others, to share what God has given me, to forgive others and also to forgive myself when I fail. Perhaps all God truly desires is that we try to have a clean heart! Can we be content with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment