Friday, June 5, 2009

Beautiful Days of Summer......School?

These are beautiful days of early summer with cool mornings and beautiful sunshine! For me though these are the beautiful days of summer school! No, I'm not being facetious. I'm being serious. Summer school is intense, yes, but I enjoy my classes and I am learning so much about what it means to be a good teacher in today's classroom. I am a full time student right now at USI. I plan to student teach in the Fall of 2011. I am very blessed with the opportunity to go to school right now and further my education-especially at this time in my life!

Though I am busily studying most every free moment I have, I am also enjoying the days of summer seeing friends once in a while and loving the early morning birds and sunshine in my back yard. I live in a house with two of our sisters on the north side of Evansville, Indiana-we have a beautiful home and lush yard that we enjoy every night as we have supper together.

God is so good! I will get to enjoy about six weeks off from school from the end of July to the first of September so I am looking forward to spending time at home at the monastery and vacationing with a friend on Lake Michigan. Until then, I soak up the sun here at home while I read, pray, and study.....

No comments:

Post a Comment