Sunday, April 17, 2016

Reflection: John 10:27-30


Fourth Sunday of Easter - John 10:27-30 

The Gospel on this fourth Sunday of Easter is short and sweet.  Jesus says: “My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I will give them eternal life and they will never perish.”  Jesus then adds: “My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all.  No one can take them from my Father’s hand.”  Jesus then says: “The Father and I are one.”

Do you hear Jesus’ voice?  If so, how do you experience his voice?  How do you know that it truly is Jesus who is speaking to you?  There are many voices all around us that strive to gain our attention.  Many of those voices want our money, our energy, or our time.  Despite these demands, somehow we have to be alert to Jesus’ voice as we go about our day.  We may hear Jesus speak to us in prayer.  Perhaps someone in our family or community needs some care and attention and we encounter Jesus through our ministry to them.

Today, I invite to you be attentive to the many ways Jesus speaks to you.  Be as present as you can throughout this day.  Jesus will speak to us; however, we need to be expecting his voice, otherwise we may completely miss how He is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment