Monday, October 24, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day

Today one of the 2nd graders who is new to our school saw me in the hallway and said, "You know, I'm figuring out that I like music. I think it's kind of fun." I'm glad to hear that she likes music. I think it can be used by her as a way to open up, feel more comfortable, and make new friends.

Music can be used to express feelings or thoughts that are otherwise difficult to express. For me, it has certainly changed my life. I truly was not aware that I had any musical talent before entering the monastery, and now here I am. I've been a music teacher for the last 8 years. It's amazing how God works.

Music is the tool that is used to help me become more fully who I am called to be. It connects me to people and opens me up to love and the God who dwells within me.

I'm glad that little girl is discovering that she likes music. Hopefully, through her enjoyment and having fun, she too will develop a closer relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment