Monday, February 28, 2011

17 Years in the Making

The actual cutting and sewing of the quilt took about 2 or 3 months, but the actual preparation took 17 1/2 years.
Let me explain. Back in 1993, I went to London with a group of high school girls. Three of the things that happened on this trip were 1.) the whole town pitched in for the fundraising, 2.) I was introduced to and fell in love with musicals, and 3.) I bought my first shirt to go toward a t-shirt quilt, which was completed 17 1/2 years later in December 2010. After I wore the shirt for awhile, I decided to keep it and started saving other shirts as well, so that I could eventually make a quilt. I have shirts from high school and college activities, retreats, and souvenirs from places I've traveled. It is full of memories.


I'm already working on my second one, so check back in approximately 17 years to see the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment