Thursday, February 3, 2011

So far today . . .

This morning, a student came up to me and told me that his stomach was hurting. Having learned how to deal with this from our school secretary, I asked, "What did you eat for breakfast?" He responded, "Two hot dogs." OH MY! He ate 2 hot dogs with bread. My stomach may be a little uneasy too if I ate that at 7:00 in the morning.

I never have to worry about getting things done. Somehow everything works out and everything gets taken care of. Today a teacher came to me and said, "I don't know if you remember, but 1st grade won't be coming to music today. They're making Valentine's with their 8th grade buddies for the veterans." Inwardly, I jumped for joy. There's so much going on this week with it being Catholic Schools Week. Lots of activities and out of routine stuff. I had forgotten about the Valentine making. John Yarmuth, our U.S. representative, is coming for that.

I love having this extra time. It's nice to just be able to relax after the CSW Mass this morning. Since we're the Notre Dame Saints, I had some students play "When the Saints Go Marchin' In" on recorder as prelude. Four students processed in with ribbon poles. We had some students carry up a basket of canned good for the offertory. The servers who were scheduled didn't show up. I had to practice with the cantors. We had parents show up to see their children in the Mass. It's a lot to pull together, especially working with children. I just remember the quote about being like a duck - calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy underneath.

Well, break time is over. I better not waste this extra time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment