Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to a regular Schedule

It is great to be back on a regular schedule. We have been out of school the past 5 days. The first day was fun and relaxing, but then the power went off and then it got tiresome and long. I made it until Friday until a close friend of mine came and picked me up. I spent time at one of our other houses in Evansville that had power. It really showed me the love that we share for each other that she was willing to come all the way to Rockport to pick me up. We got our electricity back on Sunday. We were off school again on Monday. I haven't been this excited to be back at school for a long time. I really think my students were ready to come back, too. Last week we were supposed to have Catholic Schools Week, so this week will be the time to celebrate our wonderful Catholic School, which has now been extended to this week.

I am also getting to experience something for the first time tomorrow. We are adopting new Social Studies books next year and I am going with our principal to a conference that shows us different book companies. I have never been to one of these and I am looking forward to it. The only fall back is putting together sub plans for my classroom and we have to leave at 6:15 am. As you can hopefully tell, I really love to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment