Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Nice Surprise

I had a nice surprise yesterday.

Students usually bring in treats for their class to celebrate their birthday. If they have extra, the students go around and offer them to the teachers. Since my classroom is in a different building, I usually don't get to benefit from any extra treats. I jokingly lamented about this probably several months ago. Yesterday afternoon 3 students in the 5th grade remembered my anguish and answered my cry. I received a big cookie, a no bake cookie, a pretzel stick with white chocolate and sprinkles, and a 1 inch cupcake with 3 inches of icing. As tempting as the blue icing was, I just couldn't bring myself to eating it. I did enjoy the no bake cookie and the pretzel stick. I have the other cookie to enjoy later.

This reminds me that I need to start exercising, especially now that the weather is nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment