Monday, July 4, 2016

Reflection: John 14:23-29



Independence Day (Votive Mass for Peace and Justice) – John 14:23-29

In today’s gospel passage, we hear the familiar and loving words of Jesus, “My peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.” I invite you to silently absorb these words for two or three minutes. Then after a time, slowly and mindfully repeat Jesus’ words four or five times.  Then sit quietly for two or three more minutes trusting that Jesus is with you.

Did you sense or experience the peace and presence of Jesus?  When we are upset, troubled, or fearful Jesus may feel very far away.  At these times, if we consciously breathe in His peace and His presence, we may begin to sense that He is with us.


Jesus is always with us; however, we are not always aware that we are in His presence.  We need to consciously and deliberately place ourselves in Jesus’ presence.  If we do so, He will not fail us!

No comments:

Post a Comment