Thursday, May 21, 2015

Reflection: John 17:11b-19


John 17:11b-19 – 7th Week of Easter

Jesus continues his prayer for his disciples. Clearly he is concerned about them and their welfare. Jesus had experienced some of the tension and conflict among his disciples. He knew that the path ahead of them would be painful and difficult. If they were divided or “at odds” they would not be able to carry out Jesus’ mission.

Jesus prays not only for his disciples but he also prays for all who will believe in him, no matter what century or nation we live in. Jesus longs for you and I to be “one” with him and with God, just as he longed for his disciples to experience this loving unity. Can you remember a time in your life when you had a deep and loving sense of Jesus being present with you? Take a moment and remember that time. What emotions did you experience: awe, joy, confusion, or perhaps elation?

These moments of intimacy with Jesus are “gift and grace.” We cannot manufacture these experiences. However, we can open ourselves to them and we can ask to be “graced” with such love and peace. Today may we be open and attentive to the ways Jesus may come to us. Keep your mind, eyes and heart open! At times Jesus comes in the most unexpected people or small happenings. Stay alert and watchful!

1 comment:

  1. When the ambulance picked me up at home, I asked one of the paramedics what was wrong w/me because the head ache was horrendous and I was throwing up blood, he told me I was having a stroke.
    I felt someone seating by my side and said " Death is real, and death is here".
    I said " Lord if you are taking me, please hurry up because the pain is unbearable, and if you leaving please give the strength to strength to face your will with me..
    RIGHT AWAY I felt the person leaving while the ambulance took me to the Hospital, no
    side effects, my body recuperated perfectly.
    Praise be the Lord...in Heaven and Earth and everywhere.
    Lorena Barnett

    ReplyDelete