Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome, Postulant Rachel!


On Sunday, August 19, Rachel Geracitano was officially accepted by the Sisters of St. Benedict of Ferdinand, Indiana, into her postulancy, the first stage of incorporation into the religious community.

A 22-year-old native of Louisville, Kentucky, Postulant Rachel is a recent graduate of Bellarmine University with a major in theology and a minor in psychology. Her parents are Karen Hobbs and Mickey Geracitano, and she has one older sister.

Postulant Rachel says: “I was born and raised Catholic. I went to Catholic grade school and was very active in my parish. Through my recent years of theological study at Bellarmine University as well as actively participating in Bellarmine’s Campus Ministry, I have grown deeper in my faith and want to continue to search and explore God’s will for me. The past two years especially I have increasingly been attracted to religious life. I have had the opportunity to work with Sister Michelle Sinkhorn not only in my discernment process, but also with retreats and service trips. She, along with the entire community of sisters, has been incredibly welcoming to all my visits and questions about their life. I feel drawn to the Benedictine community in Ferdinand and am excited to learn and experience religious life with them.”

Founded in 1867, the Sisters of St. Benedict of Ferdinand currently number 160 and serve in the areas of education, parish work, health care, retreat and spirituality work, social services, counseling, and mission work in Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Italy, and Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment