Friday, February 17, 2017

Reflection: Mark 8:34-9:1


Friday of the 6th Week in Ordinary Time - Mark 8:34-9:1

Today Jesus summoned the crowd and his disciples and said to them: “Anyone who wishes to come after me must deny their very self, take up the cross, and follow in my footsteps.” Jesus then asked a series of questions.  Jesus hoped his listeners would realize what it required for a person to truly “follow Him”.  It is not an easy route: there are many challenges, losses and gains if we wish to become a true follower of Jesus.   

Today I invite you to take 5-10 minutes and ask yourself: What are the challenges in my life that are related to my faith or my beliefs?  Am I a true and faithful follower of Jesus in my daily life?  Or am I simply a “Sunday” follower of Jesus?  We may “profess” to be Christian; however, it is how we live our daily lives that is the true test of our Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment