Sunday, August 16, 2009

New School Year

I have officially started back at school. We have had 3 days of school. I am excited. I just love teaching. I love working with my students and watching them grow with each new thing we learn. I work at St. Bernard Catholic School in Rockport, Indiana. We have 107 students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. The theme this school year is "We Are Called." My students and I have been talking about different ways of being called and being kind.

I came home to the monastery this weekend after going out on mission (what we call the little "monastery" houses we have away from our motherhouse in Ferdinand). There is something about coming home every once and a while and being here at the monastery. It rejuvenates my call to this way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment