Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Gathering on The Hill

Here at Ferdinand we had a Fall Gathering. Many sisters came to Saint Gertrude Hall where we played games of choice. Some played cards and others played dice or board games. Sister Betty and I played some bowling, golf, and tennis on the Wii, which was donated to us by a very nice family. We also had floats, which they call brown cows around here. The sisters in our infirmary made some wonderful fall sugar cookies, too. We finished off the evening with Compline (night prayers). It was a delightful, fun evening!













3 comments:

  1. Dear Sister Michelle,
    Hi! It does sound like you guys had fun! I wish I could've been there. I miss you guys so much, and one of the last times I was up there, I also got to enjoy playing cards, and I also got to play the wii. I enjoy those evenings that the community spends together, and I think it is even more wonderful that the older sisters in Saint Gertrude Hall participated too! I was basically brought up around senior citizens because my dad worked for 20 years with the Senior Centers in North Carolina as their activities director, and I did a lot of volunteering there. I also spent a lot of time there on school vacations and such.
    I can't wait to see you in January! Take care and God bless.
    In His Unconditional Love,
    Alex Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex! It was fun! The older sisters actually live in what we call Hildegard Health Center (the infirmary). The party was in Saint Gertrude Hall. :) They did add life to the party as well as the great cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Michelle,
    OOps! Sorry about that mix up there! I had a forgetful moment there. I do remember now that the older sisters live in Hildegard Health Center! I am excited about coming up in January. I hope all is well with you and everyone else. God bless.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete