Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Surprise

I'm a people person. I like to be around people and get to know them, but I also have a belief that if the people at McDonald's know you by name, you probably go there too often. One summer in college, I worked at McDonald's. I usually didn't know the people by name, but often the same people would come in, so I knew them by order. As they walked in, we'd get their regular order ready for them. Rarely did it change. We're creatures of habit.

Today, I stopped off at McDonald's for breakfast to celebrate my birthday. The lady who took my order was so nice. Extremely friendly. She's the type of person who you'd want to stop by and order from, regardless if you're hungry or not. I told her it was my birthday. She then started singing to me like someone on American Idol. It was hilarious. She now knows me by name, rather than "a sausage biscuit and Diet Coke."

No comments:

Post a Comment