Monday, November 23, 2009

NCYC - WOW!!!

Sister Agnes Marie and I attended the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) last week, along with about 22,000 other youth and adult leaders! It was an amazing thing to see. The high school age youth in attendance, probably 98% of the 22,000, were so full of life and enthusiasm for their faith, it was inspiring!
While we were at our booth, Sarah and Stephen stopped by to see me. I was their Nanny 13 years ago before I entered the monastery. Looks like they have both passed me up! It was wonderful to see them again!
During the event the young people from Dioceses all over the United States showed their wares representing where they were from, including hats, buttons, and more. Then the trading began and you didn't know who was from where anymore, unless you looked at their name tags. I decided to get in on the trading action, too! What fun! I especially liked my horse hat from the Archdiocese of Louisville, Kentucky.
Friday morning there was a procession from the stadium, which was about four city blocks away from the conference center. It was an amazing sight to see. I'm glad I was viewing it from up above and not in the middle of it though.
...............................
Please pray for these wonderful youth of our Catholic Church!
>>
If you want to see all my pictures from NCYC click on this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment