Thursday, July 30, 2009

Planning Ahead!

It generally takes 6-9 years to become a perpetually professed sister in our community. Quite a long time!

I remember talking to my mom on the phone about 2 weeks after I entered the community. She told me she had everything figured out. Some relatives were going to stay at my parents' house. Some were going to stay in other houses of nearby relatives. At first, I had no idea what she was talking about. Then I realized that she was already planning my profession. When I told her it was going to be a few years, at least 6, she said, "I know. I'm just planning ahead."

Then I had to break the news that it wasn't going to be in my hometown. (I'm glad I told her that before she started planning the parade.) When she realized it was going to be in Ferdinand, she said, "Oh, I guess I'll just get a bus and pick up people along the way."

My mom and I both spent 7 years preparing for perpetual profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment